Any web site that collects information from people is susceptible to spelling errors. If this information is republished then other people's spelling mistakes will reflect poorly on your web site. tcpIQ's Web Browser Spell Check solves this problem. It uses client-side technologies to perform the spell checker meaning that it is easy to implement, no server-side configuration is necessary and it will not laden your web server with an additional load.
Almost no HTML experience is necessary. The resource kit includes examples and source code so even web novices will have it running in minutes.
* Simple to implement
* Nothing to configure
* Very small bandwidth foot print
* Uses client-side technologies.
* Resource kit includes examples, source code and help
* The user-interface can be readily changed to suit the corporate dressage.
* The spell check window now optionally positions itself next to the text area being checked instead of being placed in the middle of the screen (New in V1.3).
* The user interface has been redesigned in V1.3. The number of mouse clicks has been reduced and interface improved functionally and aesthetically.
* The programmatic interface has been made simpler and more powerful in V1.3
* The speed of the spell check has been increased in V1.3
» version 1.3 - posted on 2003-01-11
Various improvements including the spell check window now optionally positions itself next to the text area been checked instead of being placed in the middle of the screen.
Tell us your experience with Web Browser Spell Check1.3
RELATED PROGRAMS Our Recommendations
Pungo Spell FREE PHP / DHTML Spell Checker. Requires Pspell, PHP 4.3.1+, NuSoap, and a modern web browser (MSIE 5.5+, Opera 7.2+, NS 6+, etc..) Download
TP Projects FREE Programs of which I have written for Win32 (some ported to Linux). We make a WordProcessor (WPi) and a web browser, as well as many handy tools. We also make a spell checker which can be integrated into existing applications. Download
Wordz Toolbar for Internet Explorer FREE WordZ toolbar provides instant, 1-click access to Dictionary and Thesaurus definitions and spell checking from a toolbar on your web browser. WordZ is free software that contains no adware or spyware and is published by Socket Software. It can be used and distributed as you see fit. Download